Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh how I love thee...

Reasons I love my husband:


He is a FANTASTIC father.
     For example, we went to pick up the kids from my Gramma's (it's the half way point between my mom's and our house). Bailey while laying across three of us on the couch, OUT OF NOWHERE just starts vomiting EVERYWHERE. On Irvin, my mom, me, herself, the floor, the couch... everywhere.  So we take care of her get her cleaned up she passes out on the floor of the bathroom. Later after she wakes up, he picks her up and snuggles her in his lap and she out of nowhere starts to puke again (bless her heart she wouldn't open her mouth because she didn't want to puke everywhere).
   He was SO patient with her and took her to the bathroom and helped her and wiped her up and talked to her and comforted her and never once lost his temper or complained. He is a fantastic father. We are so, so, so, blessed to have him. (Seriously, my mom came out of the bathroom in tears... telling me how lucky I am. She pretty much adores him. If we have an argument, a lot of times she takes his side....  I KNOW, RIGHT!?)

He works SO hard for us. 
     He works a 40 hour work week and then goes to school at night. Not just easy-peasy classes either, hard stuff like Physics 2 and Differential Equations (and he gets good grades). I've done the work and school full time thing, and it's not easy. I had a flipping mental breakdown. REALLY, I did. It was NOT pretty. Anyway,  then comes home around 9:00 p.m. and starts picking up the house or folding laundry, or whatever needs done, because I'm too lazy and exhausted to have gotten it done earlier. YEAH.

He is low key.
    I'm pretty high strung and he deals with it pretty well. He pretty much gives me leeway with whatever I want, but will definitely speak up if he doesn't like something, which I like. (IE- he bought me a new wedding band yesterday, even though I don't deserve it because I lost my wedding set last September).
Note: I lost it in the car, we just can't find it, but I have a bad habit of losing things, the fairies in Tinkerbell would have a hayday with me!

Okay- so I could go on and on.  I will spare you, though. But let me just say this:


I DID NOT want to get married as young as I did (21). I had a plan for myself. I got married anyway because after lots of prayer and fasting I knew it was what I was supposed to do... (oh and I was madly in love with him!) Looking back over the last 6 years, it was THE BEST decision I have ever made. There is no one else I would want to spend eternity with. I am so incredibly grateful that the plan my Heavenly Father had for me was SO SO SO much better than the plan I had for myself. I would be rich, miserable, lonely, stressed and quite possibly in a mental institution if I'd followed my own plan. Instead I have a wonderful husband and 2 (almost 3) beautiful babies that give me more deep found joy and happiness than I could have ever had on my own.
  Not to mention all the boys prior to Jeffrey that I wasted my time on and couldn't figure out why we weren't meant to be, and looking back I can name specific reasons for each of them, and none of them even begins to compare to Jeffrey.


Look how young we were. This was our first picture together, we hadn't been dating long.

I'll leave it at that. I. LOVE. MY. HUSBAND. Thank you for the hardest and best years of my life, and many more to come. There are no words to express....

No comments:

Post a Comment