Tuesday, April 26, 2011

hon·es·ty

noun \ˈä-nəs-tē\
plural hon·es·ties

Definition of HONESTY

1
obsolete : chastity
2
a : fairness and straightforwardness of conductb : adherence to the facts : sincerity
3
: any of a genus (Lunaria) of European herbs of the mustard family with toothed leaves and flat disk-shaped siliques

Examples of HONESTY

  1. She is admired for her kindness and her honesty.
  2. He demands honesty from everyone who works for him.
  3. He didn't even have enough honesty to tell me he was leaving.

First Known Use of HONESTY

14th century

Related to HONESTY


I think the world needs a little more of it. 'Nough said. I will not go into the details of the deceit, lying and flat out inconsideration that has prompted this. But really, I'm easy to please. I just ask for honesty. I don't even mind so much if it's something I don't want to hear (well, not ALL the time) but at least have the decency to be up front with me, so I know where we stand. Thank you and goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment