Thursday, May 19, 2011

Freezer Meals



So I keep saying I'm going to make a few meals and stick them in the freezer for when the baby comes, and I have yet to do it. My excuse is that I don't know what will freeze well.

Then I got to thinking. Why in the world did I just now figure out that it's a great idea. I mean seriously, When Jeffrey is in school I don't do a ton of cooking, because the kids are picky and I'm exhausted, etc. etc. etc. and we end up eating brinner at least 2-3 nights a week, not counting cereal nights (which are frequent)... last night for example!

So I think I may start making it a regular thing. One Saturday a month I think I am going to make around 5 frozen dinner meals and then I have a freebie one day a week that I can just get it out and thaw it and pop it in the oven for the family and me! {Yes, that was said to the rhythm of Patty Cakes}. Don't judge.

So. Feel free to share any freezer friendly recipes with me, because I am low on them. I have Campbell's Cheesy Chicken and rice casserole, Ziti, Rigatoni, Chicken Tetrazzini... and then I'm all out... I may try some enchiladas or something too. But that's only one month!

Putting food in our bellies will bring peace {and energy, sanity, etc.} to my soul!

1-2-3 GO!

{and thanks a ton in advance!}

5 comments:

  1. okay so I am not even kidding you I was/am about to do a huge post on this. After Mike's commission check our next "bucket" list is a deep freezer and a vacuum sealer so I can really have our 3 month food supply and meals for mike to microwave or pop in the oven for when the baby comes! I have a million ideas and my mom is doing it with me so she will have tons of recipes. I'll be sure to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this too. I'm not expecting, but some days are just crazy, and it would be nice to have a home cooked alternative rather than the McDonalds dollar menu (I know, gross) that I usually fall back on. I'll start my search, and let you know what I find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do dollar menu too.. it is gross lol or Sam's pizza slices... equally gross. Ill share what I find too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- the aluminum pans are $6.88 at Sam's club for like 20+ or something... I bought a ton and split them with my mom, but I will buy more after I see how this first round goes, they have lids too, but I think I'm just going to put heavy duty tin foil over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lasagna and Chicken pot pie freeze well. There are these pocket type dinners called "pasties"...lol totally not kidding...They freeze really well and you can put pretty much anything you want in them. I did asparagus, carrots, potatoes, and 1 other veggie(can't remember what it was) and they were so good, Even the meat eating hubby loved them,they had an eggie sauce in the inside but the meat and veggie ones are just that. So good!

    ReplyDelete