Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jam It Up!


My due date has come and gone (yesterday). Needless to say, I've been trying to keep myself busy and distracted as to the fact that I'm STILL with child. What else am I going to do? Sit on my keester and watch TV? IN MY DREAMS. I couldn't if I wanted to, HELLO, I have children.

I ran out of strawberry Jam early last week (we made a bunch last year). It was quite perfect timing too. While at Sam's Club, a few days later, they had strawberries $3.98 for a 2 lb package. So I called up dear ole' Ma and we made a date.

We eat A LOT of strawberry jam in this house. In fact, it's the only kind I eat on my PBJ's and on my pancakes. I'm weird. I know. I promise, I can not help it. It's a compulsion I have... I just can. not. do. it.

 So I made about 13-14 pints for about $12 (b/c we had jars, sugar and Sure Jell in bulk already). I would have gotten 3 jars of Smuckers Seedless Strawberry Jam for that price... HECK. YES.

My favorite part is that I know exactly was is in it and what goes into my babes mouths (even if that includes 7 cups of sugar per batch!). I had to make cute labels for the top, it makes my heart happy every time I look at them, and they are so quick and easy to do... WHY NOT?! I say!


SEE! Isn't that a much more pleasant view than the Ball or whatever it says on the lids!

No comments:

Post a Comment