Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two Syllables

Forenote: Trevor is starting to fall behind on his speech. He is lazy too. I was told to get him evaluated by a speech therapist months ago by the pediatrician and I've just had to much going on. So what he does is with a closed mouth says "hm hmm" for any two syllable phrase he is supposed to or wants to say {ie. thank you, love you, yes, ma'am, etc.}

I've learned that I actually enjoy getting up with my babies at night {aside from losing sleep}. I think it's because I've come to realize how fleeting these tiny little years are and I will take ALL the snuggles and loves they are willing to give while half asleep or wide awake, or what have you. To the point that I have to force myself to go back to bed so that they don't develop bad sleeping habits on my account. Let's be honest, I love my sleep, too. I'm quite a monster without it.

Sometimes I have to take a step back and remind my self how small these sweet kids really are. So often, I find myself looking at them and thinking how flipping big they are getting so fast. Especially when my babyzilla is sprawled across my fat prego belly and is almost as big as I am. Then I start rubbing his arm and realize how tiny he really is, especially with my huge man hand rubbing that tiny arm.

Then he starts rubbing my arm, and my heart melts like candy in the rain!
LOVE. THESE. KIDS.

As I put him back in his crib and tell him "We both have to go back to sleep now, I love you." He simply hums, or whatever you want to call it,
"hm hmm". I'm a goner. It's all over. I WANT to scoop him back up and snuggle until it's time to get up, because let's face it... I'm WIDE awake now. I have been for an hour. Ok. two hours.

It's these small tiny moments that make EVERYTHING worth it. That give me more joy and contentment and self worth than anything else. That make me so eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for entrusting these OH, so sweet spirits into my often lousy, but sometimes adequate, impatient, exhausted care.

These are the moments I treasure and wish would never end and grasp at like a lifeline trying SO hard to engrain them into my memory, so I never forget. They feed my soul.

The end.

P.S. I just can't get enough of these faces.


1 comment:

  1. Kylee, I know what you mean. What a beautiful post. I was thrilled when Marky started putting himself to sleep but at the same time, so sad I didn't get those moments with him anymore. Too fast.

    ReplyDelete