Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich!


This sandwich is OHH, so yummy!

Cook a chicken breast or two. I kept the seasonings simple with salt, garlic powder and black pepper.

While that's cooking away, slice your multi-grain ciabatta roll {from Sam's club for dirt cheap, I think it was $4 for an 8 count!}

Take out some mayo and mix in some paprika. I did about 1-2 TBSP mayo to 1/2- 1 tsp-ish of paprika... I didn't measure... I like to live on the edge... not really, but I was feeling edgy when I figured out this combo... you see, I'm a total wiener when it comes to trying new foods, especially sauces.

Anyway... spread the mayo on the sandwich.... and here is the important part. DO NOT skip out on this part.... are you ready? Can you handle it? It's going to underwhelm you until you bite into this sandwich.

SPRINKLE BASIL ONTO THE MAYO. BE GENEROUS!

Put your field greens, lettuce, spinach or whatever you want, on. Put your sliced chicken on, top it with the cheese of your choice, I used cheddar because it's what I had. Put it together and ENJOY.

...And enjoy it you will. I promise.

You can thank me later, or never.... but either way, it's my new favorite sandwich...for now.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment