Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grilled Cheesus.. okay maybe not.


So, because there are pretty much no decent sitcoms on in the summer, Jeffrey and I revert to watching Hells Kitchen & Master Chef. At 9:00 p.m. this is not a good thing. It makes a fat girl hungry and crave fatty foods she shouldn't that late at night. Last night, on Master Chef that had to recreate grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. HELLO!

Guess what we had for dinner tonight? Yep! Grilled cheese sandwiches, but I wanted fancy schmancy ones.

This morning I was going through old blog posts and came across this one about Pioneer Woman's The Bread. My mouth was watering for the bread so I decided to take that idea and add some yummy cheese to it.

I cut a loaf of cuban bread into slices buttered very generously the outsides and put a big slice of smoked gouda cheese in between  and grilled it in a skillet until it was dark brownish {that's when the butter really gets it's flavor} then I add some more butter on each side and cooked it a little more on each side to get it sizzlin' and keep it from drying out. YUM!! Though next time I'll do thinner slices of cheese so that it melts easier. If you like gooey, smokey cheese... this is the samich for you AND ME!

Disclaimer: This is loaded with fat, don't say I didn't warn ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment