Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Remembrance of all things...

That's what we're told we will have on the other side. I'm a mormon. For those who don't know. So occasionally I will have a post that is of the spiritual nature. Okay, maybe more than occasionally. Anyhow, an early prophet of The Church, Joseph F. Smith,  said in his book Doctrine of Salvation {this is all according to Mr. Shaw. So blame him if it's inaccurate} something along the lines that the mind is not capable of forgetting. That ever though we can't remember all things all the time, it files it away.

So, my point is, I was giving that sweet boy of mine, Callen, {the new favorite, jk, kinda} a bath tonight. He LOVES bath time, and gets giddy, Chris Farley style. {You know, when Chris would do that weird spastic smile where he would bring his shoulders up and scrunch his face all up}.

Getting off track. Okay, I was bathing Cal, and he was splashing and smiling and so happy. I couldn't help but think how awesome it will be to remember all of these sweet tender moments from life, one day. The ones I try so hard to engrain into my memory and make last longer, even though they are fleeting.

Then a little later, I got to thinking, CRAP. That means I'm going to remember all the bad too. So, opposition in all things, I guess.

In The Book of Mormon, {that link kind of gives you an idea of what it is}In Alma 11:43, it speaks of what happens after the second coming of Christ at the time of resurrection. It reads:

"43 The spirit and the body shall be areunited again in its bperfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame, even as we now are at this time; and we shall be brought to stand before God, cknowing even as we know now, and have a brightdrecollection of all our eguilt." 


Not so much fun to look forward to {remembering your guilt}. But, hey, ... if it means I can be with my family eternally, forever, no end in sight... I'M IN. Sign. Me. Up! Though, I am pretty much looking forward to that perfected body, because heaven knows, these kids have destroyed this one... ya win some, ya lose some.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment