Monday, October 24, 2011

Diet Changes


I just got a call with the results for Bailey's allergy testing. The normal level for gluten tolerance is 11; Bailey's was 45 so she's pretty sensitive to that. The normal Casein level is a 2 and she was a 10.5. 

AWESOME. Soooo it looks like we will be having some changes in our diet. Honestly, I kind of had a feeling. I'm a little relieved, because I really wasn't looking forward to having her tested for ASD. I think I'm just going to hold off on that and see if there are changes in her behavior from a gluten/casein free diet. It is going to be more expensive, naturally, but if it helps both of us not feel nuts all the time, I'll do what I have to! 

Everyone I know that has eliminated it from their sensitive kids' diet has seen worlds of difference. I look forward to seeing those changes! There will be A LOT of them, because this girl LIVES for carbs and ice cream. Quality. 

I'm going to rant a smidgen. WHY THE FREAK DID HER PREVIOUS 3 PEDIATRICIANS NOT DO THIS SIMPLE BLOOD TEST?! 

It explains her HORRIBLE tummy and digestive problems as a baby. The chronic "sinusitis" which was mistaken for seasonal allergies. The chronic dark circles under her eyes. I mean.... YOU ARE DOCTORS! That specialize with CHILDREN. WHAT could it have hurt?! 

It would have saved us a lot of misery and trouble. But. At least we know now, and can move forward. My rant is over. 

The pickiness of food that enters my children's mouths is now going to be even pickier {because I secretly cringe to myself 90% of the time when people give them food}. I'm slowly learning that diet can change SO much. 

I just wish I'd known sooner, but I know now. Now, I'm off to research. The nurse gave me this website to get information and also told me that Native Sun {a local health food store} will make an appointment with you and show you the ins and outs of gluten free food. 

If any of you know good resources, I'm ALL open for any information! 

1 comment:

  1. http://www.elanaspantry.com/

    This one has nice design, and a lot of yummy looking recipes - good luck!

    ReplyDelete