Monday, November 28, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup



A couple years ago I was in Sam's or Bj's and they had this soup for sample. It was yum. So I made it at home for myself {Mr. Shaw was away on business}. It was so flipping EASY! So YUM {which is important!}.

Here's the recipe; it's by Del Monte. Don't knock it till you try it.

1{16oz} can whole kernal corn
1{10oz} can chicken, drained
1{10oz} can stewed tomatoes, drained
1{15oz} can black beans {it doesn't call for it but I rinse mine a little}
2{13oz}cans of chicken broth

tortilla chips to taste {crack 'em and put em on top}
shredded cheese to taste {I use cheddar, and lots of it... on top}

Dump all ingredients in a large sauce pan and simmer on medium until chicken is heated through.

DELISH. Seriously. AND healthy.

DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment