Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm a hooker...


... a crochet hooker. As in, I use a crochet hook. I just learned how to crochet, and it's my new favorite hobby.

Why do you like crocheting like an old lady, you say?

 Welllllllll, it's because it's:
mindlessly relaxing and it's not the least bit tedious... so on a day when I have nothing left, I can still accomplish something without wanting to rip my hair out,
I can watch my tv shows {the few I watch} while doing it.
It's also really easy once you get your own rhythm down.

I went with my mom, gramma and sister in law to The Sew and Quilt Shop in Bunnell. They were super nice and patient. It literally took me an hour and half to get a 6 inch strip done. No lie.  So because I pseudo understand things when I'm in the moment and then completely forget when I get home on my own {seriously, ever since elementary school... I have little to know retention} I decided to go to YouTube. My mom told me about a tutorial she found by a dude named Mikey.


He breaks his down nicely and simply. So here is a great starting point if you've ever wanted to learn! Happy hookin'! {get your mind out of the gutter!}

2 comments:

  1. I crocheted my first afghan for Eliza and I really loved doing it. I plan on crocheting the kids beanies for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a hooker, too. My mom tried to teach me as a teen but I thought she was nuts. I finally learned on my mission. However, if you ever have any questions, Laura Calkins is a BEAST of a HOOKER! She knits, and crochets beautifully.

    ReplyDelete