Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Outlets.

I've always had them. {Not the shopping outlets, though I've always had those nearby as well.}

Music has always been a huge one, horseback riding, exercising, country dancing.... I miss them all SO SO much. I actually think I may hop on 'ole blue and tame that wild beast one of these days.

{Blue is my dad's horse. We have some issues. Well, Blue doesn't have issues with me, it's more like, I have a serious personal vendetta against him.}

Country dancing, was in my younger days. I. LOVE. IT. But, when I moved back to Florida, it's just not the same. People stand around the bar and drink and watch you, but there aren't many people on the floor. In Utah, it was SO much FUN! You didn't have to worry about alcohol, or perverts {mostly}, the people that were there, were there to dance. And dance we did... until the wee small hours of the morning.

That ship has sailed.

I did just join the gym, but I think I'm going to cancel it. #1: I'm paying a small fortune that we don't really have to spare.

#2: The classes are offered at inopportune times for our routine. Either in the morning when the boys are cranky and ready to pass out or in the evening around bed time. "Early to bed, Early to rise." My kids take that very seriously.... especially the early to rise part... like 5:30/6:00 a.m. serious.  So they go to bed around 7/7:30. Which means, bed and bath are around 6:00p.m. when the other classes are. I just need to get off my toosh and work out at home or bust out the jogging stroller and power walk... 'cause you KNOW I can't run pushing 45 pounds of kids. I'm rambling. So sorry.

Music/Theatre... not an option due to scheduling.

I think that's why I've been getting crafty this past year. I created my own new outlet not even realizing it. Man! My sub conscience is getting GOOD! Not only do I get to have an outlet of sorts {though not my favorite one} it's an outlet none the less, AND I have learned a ton of new talents!

Everyone needs to channel the crazy somehow.

Outlets. Go getcha some!

Amen.

1 comment: