Friday, December 30, 2011

The Nebulizer


 I named this cute little guy Nebby. Original, huh. I'm lame like that. 

 We nebulized the chair.

  We nebulized Trevor, occasionally.

 ....behind the chair. 

...and mommy. 

And then he cried because he hates it now, apparently. 

I didn't even know what this was until a couple of months ago. Trevor and Callen had been congested and coughing for about two months. I'm pretty sure it's allergy related, but still. Something needs to be done about it.  It's pretty bad now. So I took him to my pediatrician. I changed pediatricians for the FIFTH {you heard me} time when Callen was born.

BEST. THING. I. EVER. DID. {changing peds, that is.}

I know I've plugged them before, but I'm going to do it again, Progressive Pediatrics... 30 miles, one way from my house... worth EVERY mile... funny because one of the doctors is Dr. Miles, the other is Dr. Ceron.

Seriously. Even their medical assistants know what they are talking about. They don't just say "I don't know, I'll have to ask the doctor." Most of the time they know the answers. They are SO organized and have it together at this office. They aren't condescending at all {which is HUGE to me}, Dr. Ceron is certified in holistic pediatrics {which I used to think was hippie medicine}. Everything they've told me to do has worked SO MUCH BETTER than other remedies.

For instance, when I took Trevor in a couple months ago {we saw one of the nurses, Hope Gunn; LOVE her.} She checked him out and asked me if he's ever been on breathing treatments with a nebulizer.

"I don't even know what those are?"

So she showed me how, I did a treatment on him and she came back a little after that and checked him again, she said he sounded like a different kid. She sent me home with one, compliments of my insurance {a $258.00 machine}.

WHY THE FREAK has no one else offered that instead of cramming antibiotics down my kids throats, particularly Bailey?

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, F-I-V-E pediatricians.... FIRST one to mention it. First ones, to do allergy tests.

If I told you how many antibiotics Bailey was on her first year and a half of life and allergy medications {without ever doing an allergy test}, etc.... you'd slap me and call me a bad parent.

You know, as a first {or second or third, or fourth} time parent, you don't always know which questions to ask, that's where finding a good pediatrician comes in.... with a good pediatrician, they will go ahead and explain why the treatment is necessary, how it's going to help, and what you can expect to see change, what side affects you might see, etc. .  Progressive Pediatrics does that. They are thorough.

I LOVE IT.

She also told me to get XClear... it's a nasal spray with Xylitol in it.. it comes from a plant, but it's antibacterial... so it prevents bacteria from growing in the nose. Pricey, but I'm willing to try anything once. It seemed to work.

Anyway, I could go on and on and on. I heart them. They are WONDERFUL.

With Trev's tummy issues, she told me to strictly enforce NO SOY, NO CASEIN, have him on probiotics and a papaya enzyme at every meal. It really does seem to help. He is still having some issues, but we'll see.

If you aren't satisfied where you are, check them out.

There's my plug. Their alternatives are pricey because they are natural remedies but they are safer and healthier than throwing chemical medications down their throat {not that I'm opposed to that in desperation...}.

I'm stepping off of my soap box.

The End.






5 comments:

  1. I love you and I miss you guys and I'm super glad you found a good pediatrician - FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that we have too many health concerns in my house, but we have just stopped going to see the Ped because I have been completely unimpressed with how they all are. Boo.

    I'm a complete hippie too, though...but it would be nice to know where I could go where I was treated fairly and educated about their methods and treatments.
    I have issues with doctors. There are great ones I'm sure, but I haven't found one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s good to hear that you’ve finally found a solution to your kid’s breathing problem. It's the same situation as my mother’s. She’s asthmatic and her doctor prescribed her to take Xylitol. I didn't have enough time to get the machine through her insurance. Good thing I got a portable nebulizer that's not very expensive, but works well enough for her.

    Harvey @ColoradoMedicalSupplies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great article. I’ve read in many other places before that but
    I did not get this type of effective and more useful text. It is really important now to
    vary your anchors as this seems more natural to user.
    This article helped me a lot to understand information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great article. I’ve read in many other places before that but
    I did not get this type of effective and more useful text. It is really important now to
    vary your anchors as this seems more natural to user.
    This article helped me a lot to understand information.

    ReplyDelete