Sunday, January 15, 2012

Terribly Two.

Oh my. Where has the time gone? Trevor turned TWO years old last week, and Callen turned 7 MONTHS OLD.

I was going to do a big monster bash. I made these {pardon me for patting myself on the back here...} super cute invitations.


I loved the way they turned out. I was going to make coordinating banners, etc.... I just didn't. Honestly, I didn't want to do a whole lot of anything. What a great mom, huh? Didn't even want to make a cake or a banner... so sad. I just have ZERO motivation right now... good thing I've been talking up Bailey's purple princess party to her for the past 6 months. I guess I'm going to have to actually DO that party.

Here are some highlights from Trevor's little birthday party. It was small and simple.... not usual for me. I am just not motivated to mess with it right now... especially when he won't remember. My mom ended up finishing the cake so I could get a couple of other things ready. We ran out of green food coloring, so it didn't get all the way around, but I think it turned out alright anyway. I found a similar cake on Pinterest that I had in mind, but I wanted to make a few changes to it, but I ran out of time. C'est Lavie.

Here you go.
I found this idea on Pinterest from a blog, but she did just two eyes. I let Bailey have free reign with this.... she had fun, and was kept busy! 

The lolipops were going to be dipped in candy melts to look like eyes, but it just didn't happen. So I put googley eyes on them and called it done. I thought they were just as cute like this. 



 Cheeese! {I told him no cake if he didn't smile, no lie.}









Grammy was so sweet and brought Bailey some cute Valentines Day hair clips. 




It literally took about 10 takes for me to get a picture of him blowing out the candle.... he kept doing it too fast! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my it looks like it was a blast. We miss you guys and I CANNOT BELIEVE HE IS 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how is he 2 already!? And the cake looks fantastic. I'm pretty sure I'll never get the opportunity to make one of those (I've had it pinned for a while) so I'm glad you were able to :) Happy birthday, Trevor!

    ReplyDelete