Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting Organized!

I have a confession. I am LOSING MY MIND! Seriously, though, I am. You think I'm kidding, but I just unleashed a partial mental breakdown on Jeffrey, God love him.

I'm a fairly organized person. Probably more than most, but definitely less that some. For a while now, I've been telling myself that I'm going to start planning my weeks on Sundays. You know, to do lists, menu planning, grocery planning, coupon prepping... the stuff that takes me hours if not planned ahead because I have to do it while the kids are running crazy and I'm up and down and up and down.

The stuff I USED to do, before I had Callen.

Today, I just decided I can't take it anymore. I don't have the time to waste, and I need to make it a habit before this baby gets here. Life is not getting any slower, easier or less chaotic.

So I was on Pinterest, OF COURSE, and found this site...
Design Finch

Which was great because she has a weekly chore chart that you can assign chores to specific days and that is exactly what I've been planning on doing, just to stick on the fridge.

I also found this site that breaks the process down {of making a family binder a command center} and even sells the pages on etsy if you want to buy them, but I'm too cheap for that... though, It would be much more time efficient... but I'm picky about HOW things are organized, the wrong sheets will overwhelm and over stimulate me visually. Anyhow, it is:
iHeart Organizing.

 I'm a planner by nature. I excel at it. It's because I'm a freak of nature and HATE last minute plans. So sue me. Before I had Bailey I had a freakishly specific schedule and things were under control... they stayed fairly regimented afterwards, but nothing like I was used to... it just got more lax with each child. While we do have a "schedule", sort of... it's not what it needs to be, and things are more of a ... i'll do that tomorrow.... for a week and then it doesn't get done.

I've also come to realize... over a long period of trial and errors {mostly errors} that you have to be flexible. Especially when your outnumbered, pregnant, and lazy. There are plenty of windows when I could get a little extra done, but I'm just too dang tired these days.

Getting organized was actually my new years resolution/goal. I can GET organized... it's staying that way that presents the problem. That and breaking it down. Once I start though, I'm good to go.

So here I go. All of you can keep me an honest woman. Happy Sunday! Go get organizer-er. 

No comments:

Post a Comment