Sunday, February 19, 2012

Potty Training?

Friday, ‎5:40 a.m. : The baby is talking on the monitor, but I'm just going to let him until he cries. Then I hear trevor through the baby's room calling "daddy"  so I check... he went in, turned the light on... but he's not in there. So I get up to find out where he is.... in the bathroom. Then he says "poop". He's butt naked in the sink, mind you... and sure enough... a turd is hanging half on the side of the sink. REALLY, SON? He knows better. Happy Friday, Folks!


Then Bailey and Trevor proceed to FREAK OUT in hysterics for the next hour. They ate {or chose not to} and then went back to sleep, Bailey stayed home from school. She slept for an hour and a half and he slept for 2.5 hours. I knew they were tired. Though sitting at home on a wet day did indeed make me realize that I need to prepare myself for the summer when they are all home, all the time. 


Later on, it was quiet. I had to check on Trevor. He had squoze a half a tube of Balmex diaper cream out. It was all over my recovered rocking chair, ALL over him, and ALL over the floor. Awesome. I'm pretty sure we are going to lose our deposit on this rental because he keeps getting stuff on the stupid carpet. 


I HATE CARPET. It's a nasty, collective cesspool of germs and crap that you can never get out. It's also really hard to clean. It's just not the most practical thing with small kids. 


I was literally counting down hours and minutes until Jeffrey got home last night. There were a lot of small things in between, but MAN. We have our share of DRAMA. 


On another note


Saturday morning I was feeding Callen and came back in my room and Bailey was in the bed. So we were snuggling and she was rubbing my belly asking if she could call Adeline {in vitro baby... if it's a girl} "Adeline Flower".


 I said "You can call her that, but flower is not going to be part of her name." 


Pause. 


Me: "You know that this baby MAY be a boy. What do we call him then?" 


Her: "No, it's a girl mommy. It's Adeline." Gasp. "See I can feel her Giney!" {as she was rubbing my belly} 


{Giney is what we call our ladyland.} 


It started today out with a good laugh.  Seriously, how to come back from that? 

1 comment: