Saturday, April 28, 2012

He brings home the bacon, but I make the DOUGH...



Bread dough that is! Wooo hoo! I feel like doing a happy dance.

I've been wanting to try making bread for a LONG time. My friend Becky had me over and we made some a long while back, it was SO stinking tasty, and overwhelming to my easily overwhelmed brain.

Well, recently I decided to get on a food storage kick and then I realized, it won't do me any good to have the food storage if I don't know what to do with it.

My friend Kyrsten at A Little Bit of Everything, shared her Nana's bread recipe with me recently. So I bought the bread flour, and bought the wheat flour {because I don't have a mill.... yet} and have been waiting for the time.

A few weeks ago, was the day. I followed the instructions and VOILA. It ACTUALLY turned out... pretty dang well, I ate two pieces, before it even cooled yet. Jeffrey and I {mostly I} ate half a loaf that night.

Big mistake. I had awful reflux and couldn't eat anymore for days... then it went bad. {Since Trevor doesn't eat bread and Bailey can't have the wheat and dairy.}

I wish I'd just sucked it up and done it a while ago.

I'm proud of myself 1: for leaping out of my comfort zone and trying something new... and 2: for NOT SCREWING IT UP!

Did I mention this stuff is GOOD! It reminds me of the wheat rolls they used to serve in public school... all warm and soft... man I loved those!

GO TRY THIS RECIPE.... now. Make sure you read the notes from Nana in the comments below the recipe. They are really helpful!

1 comment:

  1. I want to try this receipe cause I have tried alot I really like the site for Nana and the videos. So now we can see how it turns out. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete