Monday, May 28, 2012

A belated smart spark

So, we're moving in 4 days!!!


...and about a month ago, I wasn't so overwhelmed, and was in this "let's-organize-everything-BEFORE-we-move" phase, and I needed to inventory what baby girls clothes I do and don't have.

 Sadly, I gave away A LOT of Bailey's clothes, less than a year ago... even some of my favorites, because I'd just popped a baby out, and clearly, I did not expect to be popping another one out any time soon, man, hindsight is 20/20. C'est lavie, I guess. I like to think, that Karma is going to turn that around on me...

Anyway, I was organizing them into two bins newborn- 9 months, and 12 months and up. So, long story, longer... I got done with the packed 12 month to 2t bin and realized... I'm going to need some of these sooner than later, and I don't want to have to dig through the bin and hope I don't miss something.


So I had the belated, not-so-brilliant thought, to start at the bottom and organize the clothes from biggest to smallest, since I'll need the 12 month clothes first,

and then the 12-18 months, etcetera. So I did both bins that way, and it was a bit of a pain, because I kept forgetting some, and I'd have to go back and add them in, but I think I'll be happy I did it in the future.


It was also handy, because I was able to see, which sizes I'll need to get... it turns out, I don't have much for newborn to 12 months, but enough that we'll be okay at first. {AS IF, I'm not going to pick up things on sale before then... let's be honest.}

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my not-so-brilliant, belated thought with y'all in case it could come in handy. I wish I'd done this 5 years ago.

That is all, probably all for the week, it's going to get CRRAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYY up in here! Party Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment