Saturday, May 19, 2012

Getting Organized....Progress

Remember this post from a while ago? Well As I've been packing and finding plenty of loose papers around the house... and having to sort through them and decide which file cabinet and file to put them in with, I've decided to really work on getting our family binder together.

So today, I made our finances page, binder cover page, website logins page,

and a header to easily add and label each page so that they are matchy- matchy, yes that is a word. {In the blank space I add whatever that page is- i.e. calendar, finances, login list, menu plan, calendar... etc.} I kind of borrowed this idea from Jennifer at i heart organizing, I made some adjustments though.

I'm PRETTY excited about it, except that it took me forever to get them done. I KNOW there has got to be an easier way than how I'm doing it, I just don't know what it is.

I'm still not in love with the cover page... it's not quite there, but I'm so done today that it will do until inspiration strikes and I get it just right. Here's a peek.
See what I mean? It's cute, but it's just not quite right... almost too busy, but  I've done this thing over and over so many different ways, and I just can't get it to where I want it... so really, how important is it for me to waste all my time getting it perfect, not very. I had to stop myself, and pick my battles. Suggestions, people?

Annnyhow, I'm SO excited at the idea of having one place to keep the important documents and information for our family. It will streamline everything, and making filing a less daunting task. Maybe I won't be so stressed out when I KNOW, that I know where things are.

 It's hard to believe I used to be a file clerk for a living, OH, so long ago... I don't miss it.

I did this with the recipes I use most frequently about a year or so ago, and it has made it so much easier to find them all in one place, instead of digging through cookbooks.

Time for a Klondike. What would YOU do for a Klondike bar? Goodnight, my friends. Goooooodnight.

1 comment:

  1. As if you're not busy enough, can you make some for me!? ;)

    ReplyDelete