Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Moving On

Jeffrey and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary in March. Since we've been married we will have moved 5 times {after this next move}.

I LOATHE it. I just hate it. It is such an overwhelming task. Of those 5 times, We moved when Bailey was 2 days old {you heard me}, and because all of my lady parts were busted up pretty badly, and I was having a mental breakdown because I was super post partum and stressed out, I wasn't much help packing, so everything was thrown in boxes and by different people. This made UNPACKING an AWFUL, AWFUL experience, but it's not like I had a choice, and we were grateful that people were at least willing to help us!!

Last year, I was 8 months pregnant when we moved, and really overwhelmed... we had a lot more crap than I realized! So it got the best of me, and I packed what few boxes we had and literally piled the rest in my mamavan and made 8-10 trips to the new house. I didn't see the point in wasting all that time and energy packing boxes that would need to be unpacked 20 miles later. It was TERRRRRRRRIBLE. We still haven't fully unpacked. There was stuff everywhere, it was an awful mess. Everyone tried to tell me, but I am not a great listener when I don't want to be.

Worst. idea. ever.

We move June 1st this time, and this year I will be about 8 months pregnant, as well. Except, with three kids instead of 2 and Bailey will start school 6 weeks later {yes, about the time this baby is due!}

I've already packed up some boxes as of a month or so ago.

Yes, you heard me.

I'm packing months in advance. Seriously, what are the odds that I'm going to have time to sit down and read any books? Or go through all the papers in the filing cabinet? Or use CD's and memorabilia that's stored under my bed and hasn't been opened in years... I'm not planning on hosting any parties or showers, so all of my apothecary jars, and serveware can be packed as well.

All of that can be packed, and it's so many boxes less than I'll have to pack later; when it's blazing hot, and I'm HUGE, Moto Moto style. {Name that movie}.

 This move, is going to be a well oiled and organized machine.

So I was making nice, neat labels on the computer with the contents on it and everything. However, it's kind of annoying to have to have the computer in the way and stop what your doing to customize the label and print it out and then remember which box had what in it to put the label on. SO, I made some generic labels to just write on as I go. I thought I'd share. They are nothing spectacular, but they are functional. If we were moving further away, I'd probably have put our name and new address and phone number on them. However-comma, we are not moving more than 10 miles down the road, so I didn't :)

Once again, I just use a full page of blank shipping label and use my paper cutter to separate them.

Click here to download moving labels.

Also, for any of you moving soon, this blog has some good tips on it, some I had already done, but others were useful! Enjoy


1 comment:

  1. I do not know the movie. :/ And that makes me sad cause I usually do. Can you give another quote from the movie?

    ReplyDelete