Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quiet Games

So, we dread church on Sundays. Mostly, because getting the three kids to be quiet and sit still for over an hour, is impossible.

It's exhausting and you spend your time chasing babies in the hallway and rarely get much out of it. This is just the phase we are in right now, not always.

Anyhow, so I've seen a lot of people doing these folder games. Here are some links for them I've been using:






I've had trouble getting the first link to print. It seems there are a lot of redirects. 
But the file folder games are not why I'm posting right now. I'll let you know how they work out, though. 


I was in the lobby with Callen a couple of months ago, and a friend of mine had his 2 year old daughter out there. She was playing with this little quiet game, and I thought it was the neatest little idea. I never could have come up with it on my own. I guess his wife had a quiet game exchange with some friends and one of them had made this.


It takes: 1 pringles can, colored pipe cleaners, a whole punch, whole reinforcers... and that's really it, though I wrapped mine in scrapbook paper, because I have enough to build a house out of... plus it's just cute.


Trev sat and played with it for at least 10 minutes. He even was matching his colors up correctly, most of the time, which was a shocker. We have been having trouble with our colors, I think he might be color blind, seriously. So I'm not sure if he just understands to put the same ones together, or if he knows them or not.

We have what's called Stake Conference next week, though. That means it's only two hours of church, but two hours in the chapel. That means... my kids need lots of quiet entertainment. So I got home from church today, and figured, why not. It took about 5 minutes to do. Super easy, super self explanatory, educational, quiet and if they destroy it... I can easily replace it.

My goal is to get some file folder games done by Sunday, so we have lots of new options!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share for those who haven't seen it before.


1 comment:

  1. That pringles thing is a pretty good idea, I definitely need ideas for quiet games for church, too. I can't see the link, though but wasn't sure if that's just me? Would love to see more ideas!

    ReplyDelete