Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Soup!


Woo hoo!  The time has come... fall. My FAVORITE and most unproductive time of year! The time of year when we all want to bust out our cozy pajamas and slippers, and live off of soup and hot chocolate. Here in sunny Florida, it doesn't get super cool until about January... except for an occasional cold day here or there. 

Well, we have a whole week of cold weather! Highs in the 60's and lows in the mid 30's. For us this is a nice break from the 80's and 90's. 

{on a side note, I really think something recently set up shop in our fireplace, and it's borderline freaking me out.}

So, I made Vegetable Beef Soup last night... It wasn't my best, but Mr. Shaw seemed to like it, because he kept telling me over and over how good it was. Granted my hormones are so jacked up right now, things aren't tasting right, anyway. 

Here's the recipe. {I'll post the picture when blogger stops being ridiculous and let's me.} 


Vegetable Beef Soup
Ingredients: 
1-2 lbs stewing beef {or chuck roast cut up} same thing
1 carton SWANSON Beef broth {don’t skip on the Swanson, it really makes a difference}
1 can Swanson Vegetable Broth
1 can diced tomatoes {w/ juice}
3 large carrots peeled and sliced
1 large russet potato peeled and cubed
1 medium onion cut like you’d slice an apple
3-4 stalks celery sliced
3-4 cloves garlic chopped fine-ish
1 can green beans {w/ juice}
1 can corn {w/ juice}
~1/2 c. elbow macaroni or pasta of your choice
oregano
parsley
thyme {my FAVORITE}
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Brown the stew meat a little, on medium heat with some salt, garlic powder, pepper, and toss in the celery and onion with it. add the broths, veggies and seasonings. I just sprinkle it in until it smells right to me. Turn the heat up to medium high and let it boil until the carrots and potatoes are softened {about an hour-ish} Toss in some macaroni noodles {or rice or whatever you want} let them get to your desired softness and dig in. 



Stay tuned, because there will be more soups to come! Until it gets hot again.

2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this weather!! Super excited to make more soups. My uncle made a DELISH stoup the other night and I cleaned the pot out. I'm trying to get his recipe for that. I'll share when I get it! :)

    ReplyDelete