Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Feta-Spinach-Quinoa Salad


This is AMAZING. I actually bought the Quinoa to mill it and make flour for the kids. It's high protein and low carb. I got a 2 pound bag of organic Quinoa for $5.00 at BJ's. That's a pretty dang good price.

So I decided to put some chicken stock in a pot and cook some. I had a ton of spinach in the fridge that needed used, so I made a little salad... spinach, tomato, and lots of feta cheese {my favorite is the Garlic & Herb flavored}, and then tossed in a good bit of Quinoa. To compliment that I tossed a couple chicken breasts in a pan with a little olive oil, added half a bottle of Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette and let them cook a while, flipping  after a few minutes on each side and then again about 10 minutes or so in.
This was AWESOME. The chicken is great, but nothing new, I do that a lot.

But the Quinoa salad. MAN, it was good. I seriously almost devoured Jeffrey's too.

It was sitting there, staring at me, as he spent some quality, keep-her-from -crying-long-enough-so-I-can-eat-time, with Adeline.

It took serious restraint. Definitely a new favorite. AND it's Gluten Free/ Casein Free.

2 comments:

  1. I lied about the Casein free... the feta has it, I believe... sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe! I actually just bought a bag of that Quinoa today from BJ's. It's a great price compared to other brands. Thanks for sharing this recipe with me on Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete