Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Feta-Spinach Quiche

{aren't phone cameras handy?!}

Okay, okay. Why should you trust me when I have pretty much dropped off of the face of the planet lately, you ask? Well, Because this was scrum-diddley-umptious. That's why.

P.S. I'm sorry about disappearing... I can't even guarantee that it won't happen again... some of you might be glad, who knows? I have been SUPER overwhelmed with, well, life. Four tiny kids have tapped me out. I just can't seem to get it together. This week was much better, though, and things seem to be turning a corner, so we shall see.

Anyhow, I know you're just reading for the recipe... which I don't technically have... it's more like a guestimate. Here goes.

Spinach Feta Quiche

4-5 large eggs
1-1 1/4 C. milk {I used 2%, b/c it's what I had, but the creamier the better... in my opinion}
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 C. Feta Cheese {I used Athenos garlic and herb seasoned... it's my favorite}
~3/4 - 1 C. blanched and squeegeed spinach {This equals about 4 huge handfuls of non cooked spinach}
1 large tomato or a small one... whatev.

Cook your pie crust as directed on the package {unless your SUPER domestic and motivated and make your own...}

Beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper well. Go ahead and get out some frustrations... it's therapeutic. If you need a sound track, Michael Jackson's "Beat it" will suffice.

Chop your spinach and add it {kind of separating the pieces as you go}.

Sprinkle your Feta cheese... liberally... I used probably 3/4 of the package. {Can you really ever have too much Feta cheese? Yes, the same cheese that I was too chicken to even try until a few years ago... it was life changing}.

Thinly slice your tomato... mine was really big so I only did three slices, but a bunch of small ones would work well... anyhow, place the slices on top of the quiche, and then to make it pretty, add a few pieces of the uncooked spinach.

Place it in the oven on 375 for about an hour... or until it's done. There you go. Delish. Glad my experiment turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment