Sunday, September 15, 2013

3 Relieving To Do's for the Stomach Flu...

FACT- My kids spend a good quarter of the year with the stomach bug.

FACT- These are my own personal opinions and no one as asked or paid me to say anything. I'm simply sharing what has worked really well for us, in hopes that it might help you too!

"FACT- Bears eat beets. Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica."

FACT-I really have no interest and bears, beets or Battlestar Galatica. I just really love The Office.

I will tell you a few things that this Mama Bear has learned recently, though. This go around, it's like a 3-5 day bug, depending on who has it. I could easily break down the "type" of sick that each of my children get with it {how their bodies react}. I will spare you the TMI. Just know that some are much more prone to vomiting than others.  Over the past few bugs, I've picked up tips and tricks that have helped. This go around, I combined a few, and it has dramatically reduced the amount of clean up and increased my kids comfortability {if there is such a thing when one has a stomach bug}.

{Sorry for the crappy phone picture... my SD card reader is missing, and I keep forgetting to get a new one...my apologies!I also ran out of Pedialyte for the picture.} 

Here are the three things we've been doing that have made it SO, SO, much more bearable {there I go with the bears again!}:

1. Doterra makes an oil blend called Digest Zen. I have some diluted with fractionated coconut oil in a roll on tube. I rub this on their bellies a few times a day. It really seems to reduce both vomiting and diarrhea, as well as, soothe their bellies. I'm not really familiar with Young Living oils, but I'm thinking DigestZen provides similar function to Di-Gize.
     {On a separate note, I have been using this every night for the past year for my reflux, by rolling it from my throat to stomach and back up my throat. I have not needed to take one Zantac. I previously took 150mg at least one time daily.}

2. Hyland's Nux Vomica Tablets I recommend the Hyland's. The first time I bought Nux Vomica it was Boiron, which is a great brand, but they were hard, round pellets and hard for the kids to dissolve. So this time I bought Hyland's, and they are much easier and faster to dissolve. I give them 2-3 every few hours, up to 4 times a day {per the instructions}. They are homeopathic and completely safe, no worries about an overdose.

3. COCKTAILS! But not the kind you're thinking. Chammomile Tea & Pedialyte Cocktails. I fill the sippy cut 1/4 to 1/3 of the way full with the tea and then the rest of the way with Pedialyte. This really helps soothe their bellies {the Chammomile}, and also tastes better to them than just straight Chammomile. Most importantly, the Pedialyte helps them stay hydrated by restoring electrolytes. I refill their sippy as needed throughout the day.

There you have it. Instead of puking for hours until they were dry heaving, they have puked only several times a day. And have been much more comfortable, even playing in between upset tummy times. Simple, easy, natural. I really hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. hi,, i like to visit this site,, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete