Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thank You, Kind Sir....

Today is Tuesday. Tuesdays, traditionally "hate my stinkin' guts" {what movie?} While today wasn't completely awful, and while I actually, was remarkably in control of myself... The day was long. Bailey had a really awful day at school. Then at therapy, she flipped out hysterically... then wouldn't leave and I had to carry her out of the room. Then there is getting the kids to the car without them running in the road and dying, and stopping the meltdowns. So I'm getting them in the car, and I'm calm... deep breathing and all that jazz. I was Dreading the quick trip to Costco for their jumbo loaves of GF bread for dirt cheap... kept deep breathing as I walked around to the drivers seat, {wait for it, there is a point to this long post}...

And the man parked next to me, who was getting his kids in the car says "Excuse me, ma'am... {'cause we're in the south, ma'am is just proper etiquette} He continues, "I just want to tell you that I'm just really impressed with how cool you're being. I just want you to know that I applaud your efforts."

Tender Mercies, people. Heavenly Father tends to put people in my path sometimes, that literally make me stop in my tracks when I feel like I'm going to lose it, or when I'm losing appreciation for my kids... to remind me.

A couple of weeks ago, I had been through Walmart with all 4 kids. They were C-to-the-RAZY. We are in the check out line and this sweet woman, who I assumingly, thought was being snotty, until she helped stop Addie from climbing out of the cart, but she also told me how really beautiful my children are and that I'm doing a good job. I walked out of there choked up, and cried on the way home. Or the several other people I've run into lately, that have had kind and doting words for myself or my children.

There needs to be more people like that sweet lady, and that kind man, encouraging parents, instead of judging them. I'm so grateful for the people I run into that have kind words to say and not glaring looks of an appalling nature. Period.

"Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too."

Merry Christmas. Best gift I could get... given by a stranger.


2 comments:

  1. That's Great...I LOVE people like this! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post,, i'm very enjoyed to visit this site :D

    ReplyDelete