Monday, August 11, 2014

Blueberry Glazed Biscuits

{really sorry for the gross green tint on the plate... it was white on my phone!!}

After I got my two oldest off to school one morning this past spring, and the two youngest down for naps, I realized I was hungry and hadn't had breakfast! I was trying to think what I could whip up, and so I thought I'd make some of Gramma Addie's Biscuits. Then I started thinking, mmmmm, I have some blueberries in the freezer. So, I whipped up these babies, and ya know what.... they were AWESOME!  I've tried toying with Gramma's biscuit recipe before... I made some cinnamon sugar biscuits... they were alright... but nothing to write home about, I more recently tried making a pumpkin spice version, that was a big flop! But these are pretty dang good!

These blueberry ones... NAILED IT! So I will shut my mouth, and get on with it.

Ingredients: 
Biscuits
2 C. Self- Rising Flour
1/3 C. Sugar
3/4-1 C. milk {scant}
1 stick {4 tbsp.} salted butter, cut small
Large handful or so of blueberries {I like a lot in mine}

Glaze
Small handful of blueberries
~1 to 1 1/2 C. Confectioners sugar {sifted}

Directions: Preheat oven to 400. Mix all ingredients {except blueberries} together until combined and then fold in the blueberries. Scoop into a muffin pan with liners. Bake for about 15-17 minutes.

While those are baking make the glaze. Take a small handful of blueberries and crush them to your desired crush-ed-ness. I left mine fairly big, but you do want to make sure you get at least a couple of tablespoons of juice out, then just add your SIFTED confectioners sugar and whisk to your preferred consistency, and spread over the biscuits while they are warm, let the glaze set for a few minutes and enjoy!

{Note: You don't want to overdo the glaze because of the sugar in the biscuit mix, it will be too much.
Also, I like to put them in muffin cups so they stay fluffy and reserve their shape... they can go flat like a muffin top otherwise.}

2 comments:

  1. Yum! These sound delicious, you should probably come visit me and bring me a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post. nice to visit and walk :)

    ReplyDelete