Tuesday, April 21, 2015

No Judgement


My oldest stayed home from school one day last week. She wasn't feel well, as she has been adjusting to a new dose of her ADHD medication. She couldn't stay awake, and I wasn't going to force her to struggle through the day at school. So we had a girls day with her, me and my youngest, Addie{2.5yo}. We snuggled on the couch, did some chores and watched TV.  Later, We ran a few errands and went to Sam's Club. While there we stopped to grab lunch on the way out and a sweet elderly lady asked me if I needed any help {probably because Adeline was climbing in and out of the buggy}. There was no judgement, she gave me no strange looks, no lame comments about how "I have my hands full," just a kind offer to help. These moments are rare and it touched me so much that I went back up to her to thank her. This one small act changed my entire attitude for the day and turned a day that was quickly going downhill into one of gratitude that reminded me of the tender mercies that Heavenly Father gives to me.

We all need to be a little more like this. Instead of judging each other, jump in and offer up service and show some love to each other. We are all humans. Members of the same species. I could go on a non judgement tangent, but I won't. Let's just all love one another. It's okay to disagree peacefully! It's okay to not agree with someones behavior, but we shouldn't judge them because you never know all the circumstances. For instance, this woman has no idea the horrendous week I'd been having and that I was literally depressed to tears and feeling hopeless, specifically with how to teach my children and help them understand the potential consequences of their dangerous behavior {climbing fences, entering neighbors houses and back yards unaccompanied, etc}.  She had no idea that I was TAPPED OUT and am at the end of a semester of single parenthood. She just kindly asked if I'd like some help. So simple, so kind and I was SO grateful to be free of the bewildered, shocked or judgmental looks I often get when I have to take my kids out {which I try not to do}.

No comments:

Post a Comment