Friday, November 6, 2015

Menu madness!!



Holy moly! I just sat down to do my monthly menu... Ya know bc I've been way overspending on cravings and groceries and I need a little more money and structure in my life. So I'm sitting on the couch half watching Little Einsteins to procrastinate the inevitable and was remembering something I was told years ago about menu making that I never bothered to implement. Ready for it?! It's so simple... And half of you probably already do it and are thinking "This chick is so slow!" Yes, yes I am. Hi, my name is Kylee and I do everything the hard way. Here it is! 

Assign each day of the week a meal type.... I did:

Comfort food Sunday
Mexican Monday
Italian Tuesday
Wild card Wednesday
Brinner Thursday
Fishy Friday
Simple (Salad) Saturday

So, as I'm going through our staple meals and the things I know my picky kids will eat it was easy to pick 3-4 of each type of meal that they like and I didn't have to decide where to put it to space them out because one day a week we will have that kind of meal. EASY PEASY! It took me about 10 minutes instead of days of procrastinating.

In the name of honesty, I will admit that I don't necessarily stick to each day's meal but I shop two weeks at a time so I have all the ingredients and then can switch meals if I need to. Shopping for every hug in advance keeps me from craving shopping and allows me to save more money because I know what I will be making and can stock up on those items as well when they are on sale. Anyhow, I just thought I would share this tip for those who didn't know about it! 

Thanks for tuning in :)


No comments:

Post a Comment